Monday, April 11, 2011

Copperstate 1000

It isn't often Bill and I are asked to MC a ballgame, beauty pagent or even a swim meet, but the Men's Art Council  of  Phoenix Art Museum asked us to announce the 21st Annual Bell Lexus Copperstate 1000 on April 10th. 

We think it went well, introducting 100 unbelievable vehicles with their drivers and passengers. I had a difficult time pronouncing Iso Rivolta Grifo.. as the audience turned to me  trying to get me to pronounce it properly via gestures and shaking of heads is disbelief.

I had done so well, up to that point, even with the 1948 Cisitalia 202 SMM Novolari Spider rolling off my tongue.  No matter what, it was fun and we met some wonderful people and saw some of the most beautiful privately owned vehicles in Arizona as well as owners who came as far as New Hampshire.

Thanks to Kelly Whitton, Keith McLain and Phil Bradstock.  Also without Nolan Rome, I would not have known what page I was on and Bill would not have had time to say "Enjoy the Ride".

No comments: