Monday, December 14, 2009

RUMBLE AT RAWHIDE

December 13, 2009

There were beautiful cars, motorcycles and vendors ranging from kettle corn to camshafts. The Rawhide venue was the perfect setting for the nostalgic cars and dressed up motorcycles. The new management team was out and about meeting and greeting and making sure everyone was happy.

I was there representing Silent Witness with Cindy Kjos and Neal Sheiner, Bill Z. was at the LA Auto show and unable to attend. He would have gone crazy taking photos for his Cool Car Corner site; for each vehicle was prettier than the next

No matter how hard we tried, at our Silent Witness table indoors, we couldn’t stop looking at the cars. When we did finally pack up to leave, we wandered around the polished and waxed beauties and stopped by a few unusual cars to get the scoop.

I picked my favorite; it was ’51 Mercury. Since it was the same year I was born I felt like both the Merc and I had held up okay. The Merc however had an obvious advantage, a face lift and some new softer leather inside. Oh! And my rear has gotten larger, the Mercury’s looked the same.


Thanks to Jim Mayor and Ethan Schwartz of Rawhide http://www.rawhide.com/ for a free booth for Silent Witness

No comments: