Monday, June 13, 2011

GRANDPARENTS ON THE GO..'CAMP GRANDMA'

Jayden learning to sew a straight stitch
"Camp Grandma"  ---- Spending one week with my six-year old granddaughter brought back such fond memories of summers home with my own children 30 some-odd years ago.  However, I don't remember being so patient and listening so intently.  I don't remember giving them choices of milks like chocolate and strawberry or even a hint of mocha.  I don't remember saying "that's ok" when something spilled or reading more than one book at night.  Did I really show my granddaughter to sew and iron this past week? Yes I did.
Making a Father's Day gift for her dad
   We did group trips with Mrs. Burford and her grandchildren and we had some unexpected adventures that turned in to lessons.  There is much to tell and much to learn from this past week.  I hope to share it on this blog including the cars we traveled in.  Our adventures will be in Discover the Phoenix Region and Grandparents on the go. 

   More to follow....
   

No comments: